Please note: this vacancy only applies to people between 17 and 24 years old who are unemployed and/or on Universal Credit.
Join Labrum London, an African British Heritage fashion brand whose purpose is to tell the untold story of West Africa and to help bridge the gap between Western and African cultures.
We are currently looking for a London based Garment Machinist.
We are looking for someone who is London based and a sewing machinist who can produce high quality samples and do small production runs. They must be confident in sewing both jersey and woven garments and be able to work in our studio. Tailoring experience required.
Key Areas Of Responsibilities:
- Manufacturing of garments;
- Prototyping and sampling toiles;
- Forth and back communication with the design team.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Experienced in high-quality sewing and garment construction.
- Essential understanding of tailoring and pattern cutting.
- Previous experience working with industrial sewing machine and overlocker.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Extremely accurate sewing skills;
- Supporting your team by completing operations to a high standard.
- Some experience working in fashion digital marketing and graphic design;
To apply please send your CV and a brief cover letter, including your availability to email@example.com
Application deadline: 15th Feb
Start date: 22nd Feb
Duration: 6 months