Please note: this vacancy only applies to people between 17 and 24 years old who are unemployed and/or on Universal Credit.
Join Labrum London, an African British Heritage fashion brand whose purpose is to tell the untold story of West Africa and to help bridge the gap between Western and African cultures.
We are currently looking for a London based Fashion and Print designer.
We are looking for someone who is London based with some graphic, fashion and print design experience. You must be dynamic, an excellent communicator and highly computer and online literate. And mostly capable of researching, designing new collections and prints in line with the brand identity and seasonal trends.
Key Areas Of Responsibilities:
- Digital and Graphic Design;
- Reporting and analysis;
- Developing concepts, garments and prints for products.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- A strong portfolio, showing versatility and excellent storytelling. Some experience working in fashion and print design.
- Responsible for the design development process from initial ideas through to the final garment.
- Proficiency in Adobe suite with full competence in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign;
- Experience in creating CAD artwork and design packs within illustrator, in line with briefs and creative guidelines.
- A good understanding of the market and keeping up to date with the latest competitor product releases, trend, technical research and collating regular competitor analysis.
- Attending weekly internal product design and development meetings.
- Finding sources for fabrics and trimmings.
- Working closely with factories and suppliers.
- Liaising with the graphic designers.
- Keeping a track of suppliers and ensure they have the relevant stock.
- Labelling, logging, organising, and filing samples.
- Creating mood boards
- Keep up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes.
- Understand design from a technical perspective.
To apply please send your CV and a brief cover letter, including your availability to email@example.com
Application deadline: 15th Feb
Start date: 22nd Feb
Duration: 6 months