Join Labrum London, an African British Heritage fashion brand whose purpose is to tell the untold story of West Africa and to help bridge the gap between Western and African cultures.
We are currently looking for an entrepreneur to join our company in the role of CEO.
What to Expect
- To grow a business from the ground up
- You will work alongside a visionary creative founder who has 20 years of experience in the industry
- You will get a competitive salary + equity package
- You will receive weekly mentoring from an angel investor with a successful track record of building start-up businesses
About the Role
Your activities will include:
- Identifying sales and marketing opportunities
- Identifying and meeting key partners (suppliers, customers, marketing accelerators, etc)
- Managing the website activities
- Managing inventory
- Attend investor presentations and play a key role in fund-raising activities
- Manage investors, capitalize on founding strong investor relationships and driving the vision forward
- Prioritising activities in a dynamic fast-paced working environment
- Identifying key risks and ensuring mitigating plans are implemented
You will work closely with the founder and advisory team, and take advantage of expertise and connections across our network. This includes functional support on finance, technology, legal, marketing, operations, and general analyst support, as well as marketing partnerships and synergies.
Entrepreneurship is not an office or 9-5 job, and as employee number two of your company, you should expect to take substantial personal risk, to start from nothing and get hands-on into the details, to work harder than ever before, and to be willing to do whatever it takes to create success, over many years to come.
Key qualifications and skills:
- Entrepreneurial drive, appetite for risk and willingness to get hands-on
- Tertiary qualification in any discipline
- Several years of experience, for example:
- a leader in a strong brand-focused company
- past entrepreneur of a successful company,
- management consultancy, and/or
- similar experience elsewhere
- Several years of people management and team leadership experience
- Proven analytical skills and data-driven approach
- Excellent communication skills
- You hold a Bachelor degree or equivalent (preferably in the field of business or marketing)
- Self-driven “get things done” attitude
- You have an achiever mentality: a track record of having created extraordinary things with impact
- You are data and customer-driven and have a solid concept on how to implement this in your daily work
- You are a generalist with no problem to do everything it takes to pull this off
- Be part of an exciting project in its early stages
- A steep learning curve through an active collaboration with the management team of Labrum and its advisor
- We will build a strong team around you with skills that complement you, that significantly increases the likeliness of success
- A highly dynamic and energetic environment
- “Move fast & break things” culture
The compensation: basic salary + equity in the company that vests with performance.